Programs That Help Struggling Parents Can Prevent Child Abuse
Kentucky State police arrested a father after doctors reported that they found bruising all over his two-month-old baby's body and a brain bleed associated with a traumatic brain injury.
The 21-year-old father was arrested and charged with assault and criminal abuse. WSAZ News Staff "Kentucky State Police arrest man for child abuse" www.wsaz.com (Dec. 25, 2020).
- If a parent or caregiver feels overwhelmed, sleep-deprived, or out of control, they should seek immediate help. Call someone to come assist immediately.?
- Learn what steps to take if a baby or child won't stop crying. Never shake a baby. Shaking can result in permanent serious injury or death.?
- Participate in parent or caregiver parenting classes and programs that teach coping skills, conflict, stress, and anger management, and financial management.?
- Address any alcohol or substance addictions.
- Never let anyone, including family members, caretakers, boyfriends, or girlfriends, take care of a child, if that person is acting overwhelmed, sleep-deprived, depressed, out of control, or interacts negatively with a child physically or emotionally.
Finally, your opinion is important to us. Please complete the opinion survey: